Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assignments for Darpan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

Assignments for Darpan Empty
PostSubject: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:50 am

As in I'm just not going to bother trying to design this whole world alone anymore. XD I don't have the time.
So I am assigning some areas to be created by my Mods and Designers. I would like larger areas to be taken on by atleast two people.
But there will be solo assignments. Thats right. I am only going to give a general idea for the locations feel. The rest is up to the assigned person to then create the area.

Designing an area. This can either be drawn or written. Does not have to be both as if you cannot do one we can find someone to do the other.
Written: You design the culture, people, and feel of a place. This can then be translated by someone else into a drawn piece.
Drawn: You draw your thoughts of the area, buildings, people. This can then be used as a template for someone else create a written piece.

Darpan I would like to have a mostly Asian culture feel with some elvish thrown in. Time period style is up to you. But only Vunvava and Peris should have the most tech. And that should only be Steam Punk for Vunvava and steam power for Peris. Other places can have either but those two locations should be the most using it. Dominate Races here: Mantos, Hemitians, Lepidorans, Pillars, Anisians, Gastrons, Dromos, and Dictyns.

Island of Blue= Every things is shades of white, blue, to midnight black due to a bacteria that saturates the whole island, only salt water kills it. So all plants, animals, and medians are affected. Even the soil in some areas turns blue and water in other is obviously more blue than clear. Only the coastal cities should have 'outlanders'. Villages farther into the island rarely see or have never seen any other colored insects. This does not mean the become aggressive to those of another color. Most would either just be curious and stare openly. While others may be fearful but would rather flee and hide than attack. However, there are two types of cultures. One is similar to elvish with the ingrained elegant plant designs in everything. Buildings built around and carved out of trees. They would be the high breeds. Seeming more intelligent since they have more technology and interaction with outsiders than the others. Think more noble in the way they act. So would either be polite and friendly or hide effectively when they do not wish to be seen. (Think Fife) The other is more wild fairy folk. Where everything is made out of natural materials without much changes to the environment. Grass huts and burrows dug into the ground. They would be less elegant and more natural. They would be the ones more likely to be very friendly or flee on seeing outsiders. However, they would also be the ones more likely to attack if threatened. (Think Jules)
There are two rivers that meet and then form into one larger one. One river comes out of a cliff/mountain as a waterfall. The other comes out of an underground spring. There should be alot of ponds, streams, and springs. And where it is white one the map. That isn't snow. It is either colder or a mineral is there that interacts with it in that area so the bacteria turned everything white instead of Blue. (Person/Persons assigned to this area will have free range to choose everything for that. And anything not discussed is also free range. So you will be able to make your own decisions on those as well,)

The Unknown= 24-7 Fog! That is why it is called the Unknown. XD I will be editing the larger map to depict this. Culture, races here, landscape, everything here is free range to the person/persons assigned here. Only that it is fog covered at all times. Other than that... GO NUTS! Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Bantee= Outpost... thats about all I got for it. SO this one is free range as well. Only that it should not be a big city. More a fort with some farms around it or something.... don't even need the farms.

Shoverdale= Only that it looks like Autumn all the time and has a road and bridges that lead down to Coven. Total free range other wise.

Coven= Jungle area and should seem somewhat cut off except by the bridges built by Shoverdale due to it being completely enclosed by cliffs. Would like to have some ancient ruins hidden here somewhere. Locations and everything else is free range. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Sunkissed Cove= Bright oranges, reds, yellows, should be dominate colors. But with bright green grass. Tropical beach spot. Everything there should feel warm and friendly. Everything else is free range. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Vunvava= Start with the Giant termite mounds. There should be a Steam Punk style factory/factories coming out of one side but surrounded by mud huts and adobe buildings. This is one of the cultures in Vunvava. Being the Termites being the dominate species. Most termites here will work in the factory, be miners, or be merchants selling the various things dug up. There can be other species here with them. But only the Termites dig up the mineral that will be used as the worlds currency. Thus moderated by their Old Blood Queen. Most termites should seem simple and not too intelligent. There are levels that vary. From the Old blood queen who is rather simple minded to her court who are far more intelligent down to the least intelligent drones who do as the are told. I will be designing the Queen but this does not mean there can't be under queens. Farther out past the adobe huts should start to get more Asian and feudal Japan style. This is where other species become more dominate. This can be set up in multiple pieces. Outer, middle, inner, and under.

Peris= Would like it to be a rather large city. Would like this to be mixed culture as it does have a commerce port so has access to things from the other continents.

Fish Glove= Think mostly farms and fishing villages surrounded by jungle. Your average Fruits, vegetables, rice, and fish, but also has Meddus only foods. So I want multiple people on the designing of fruits and vegetables for this. But can have just one person designing the area if someone wants to be assigned this area but want to work solo.

Anodan Hills= LARGE area. Rather sparsely populated. Rather Hun/Mongel so think Nomadic style. Everything else, terrain, races, and what not are free range. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Redclaw= Like the Island of Blue. Red claw is also turned a different color. RED! But this is due to mineral interactions and does not effect the plants, animals, and bugs the same way. Everything is stained red rather than dyed it. So here if you leave you will eventually turn back to your original coloring.
Should be rather wild feeling. Dromos are the Dominate race here. Lots of caves, tunnels, and cliffs. Maybe even some abandoned giant termite mounds that have been adapted by others. Rather arid area. So think a red desert. Cactus, Acacia trees, and other desert plants. With large cliffs and even natural rock formations. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Shofax Jungle= Heavily dense and darker colored Jungle. Everything merges up onto the Snakeback Mountains. Free range. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Snakeback Mountains= free range Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Odrii Jungle= Rainforest. Free range Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Yinny Glades= Free range Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Bamboo Steps= Feudal Japanese/Chinese. Would love some tea farms, hidden temples, and villages. Lotus Springs is inside this area so may have to work together. Mantos and Lepirorans are the Dominates. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Lotus Springs= Same as Bamboo Steps. These are the large lakes, rivers, streams, and ponds. Has Banshii as the Main NPC of the area. So would like maybe atleast one village or temple that has something to do with the ancient Water Strider. Doesn't even have to be inhabited. Can be ruins or even just myths told by villagers.

Cairn= Desert ravines, large rock formations, less vegetation than Redclaw. Less than savory place. Out right dangerous. Desert/Arabian/India Style. Yes they has camels! And Loment was born here. So should have lots of Orb Spider style Arachins. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Mist Drop Off= The village/villages are actually built from the top of the cliffs down. The cliff itself is about three miles high from the sea. Gets a haze at dawn and fades throughout the day then returns before dusk. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Lost Boundry= Free range but should seem cut off because outsiders can only come over the Snakeback, down the Drop Off, or by boat. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Last edited by Peanutchan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://meddus.rpg-board.net
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Assigned   Assignments for Darpan EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:51 am

Island of Blue= Ten (does not mind working with others)

The Unknown= Jackoman / Kittariku

Bantee=

Shoverdale=

Coven= Kittariku

Sunkissed Cove= Kittariku

Vunvava=

Peris= Wachey, (team effort here), Kittariku

Fish Glove=

Anodan Hills=

Redclaw= Kittariku

Shofax Jungle=

Snakeback Mountains=

Odrii Jungle= Kittariku

Yinny Glades=

Bamboo Steps=

Lotus Springs= Ten, Wachey

Cairn=

Mist Drop Off=

Lost Boundry=

Last edited by Peanutchan on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:55 pm

I can take on either Isle of Blue (I still have a few ideas for it I need to jot down), or I can tackle Lotus Springs. If I can find my old textbooks, I can even take on both.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:14 am

Yes you can get assigned to both if you like. X3

Do you want to work alone or would you not mind company?
Back to top Go down
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:44 am

I'm always open for folks chipping in/plotting things with/etc. I don't mind working with others at all.
Back to top Go down
jackoman
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
jackoman

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:16 pm

/silly
ROCKET PROPELLED CHAINSAW STORE!
/end silly

Aside from that I'd love to try for the 'Abyss' where Mist is 24/7. >:3
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:42 am

I'll rise to the challenge! I shall take up Redclaw!

Mostly because I'm making a dark-pink / pastel pink colored pillar that will live there. >xD

And desert is a simpler place to design than forest, for me. I'm half decent at the scrabbly trees - leaves? go away from me. >xD
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 am

jackoman wrote:
/silly
ROCKET PROPELLED CHAINSAW STORE!
/end silly

Aside from that I'd love to try for the 'Abyss' where Mist is 24/7. >:3

You mean 'the Unknown' XD Alrighty Jacko. :3
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 am

Kittariku wrote:
I'll rise to the challenge! I shall take up Redclaw!

Mostly because I'm making a dark-pink / pastel pink colored pillar that will live there. >xD

And desert is a simpler place to design than forest, for me. I'm half decent at the scrabbly trees - leaves? go away from me. >xD

Okey dokey. X3
Back to top Go down
wachey
Drone
Drone
wachey

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:08 am

I would like to assist Ten with Island of Blue or Lotus Springs, (the majority of my characters are in these two areas), if that's okay.

If not, may I take on Peris?
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:19 am

Which one would you like to assist Ten with? As she is first chair she has majority vote. However, I can also be used as a Mediator if there is a dissagreement on something.

I would like multiple people on Peris so we can get several views of how that city should be.
Back to top Go down
wachey
Drone
Drone
wachey

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Lotus Springs, since Isle of Blue already has so much information. And don't worry, I understand my position as mere suggester :3

I also agree that the more the merrier on Peris, since it seems like it would be a large multi-cultural city. Hopefully more volunteer for this.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:12 am

I'll take up Odrii Jungle, if you wish. I'm getting down the basics for Redclaw, now, and there is already a base for the Hook.

The reason why? Because that's where my lovely boy Chryso comes from, and nearly gets nommed by a leech. >xD

I already have a few basic ideas in my head for it. :3
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:53 am

Alrighty my dear I shall adds you on Odrii Jungle. X3
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:02 pm

I have a proposition for The Unknown; Since it is always in the mist, I have a new cache of folk to add, but they would live underground, hardly approaching the surface, but are able to because the mist dulls the light enough so they are not totally blinded.

Glowworms and Fireflies; an underground coven, been there for centuries (or since whenever Meddus first got life forms >xD ). Peaceful people who worship the night, and have glowing tattoos / buttocks for the fireflies. The Glowworms would be old-blood, the Fireflies small, lanky folk who tend to them. If you like this idea, I'm sure Jacko won't mind me teaming up with him >xD
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:07 pm

You will have to bring it up with Jacko as I don't know what he is currently doing with the Unknown.
Back to top Go down
jackoman
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
jackoman

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:08 pm

I wouldn't. Q_Q Stupid Mist.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Well... Seeing as they're an underground coven, in reality they could be put just about anywhere, but I like the unknown, just because the mist would mean the citizens there are not 100% confined to the ground because of their ultra-sensitive eyes >xD Provides a RP-opportunity; possible citizen of the coven goes above ground, adjusts to the light, and leaves. *shrugs* leaving things open, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Darpan   Assignments for Darpan Empty

Back to top Go down

Assignments for Darpan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Planet Meddus :: Listen through the door... :: World :: Discussion-
Jump to: