Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World news 1

Go down 
+11
Blue
Zarashi
jackoman
VemarielImbelinde
Ten
Kittariku
middernacht
Inky Gearbits
Zaiats
Morgue
Peanutchan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

World news 1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 pm

lol Jackoman. LOL! XD

I may only have a high school education... and even then I barely passed... but I can sometimes keep up with you college peeps and your big brains! DX
NERDS! And we love you all for it. X3
Back to top Go down
https://meddus.rpg-board.net
jackoman
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
jackoman

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 1:41 pm

I'm actually an Art Major; so, a majority of my time is going to making stuff for school. But, it's also why I asked about Modeling Melon; he looks like he'd be fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 1:48 pm

jackoman wrote:
I'm actually an Art Major; so, a majority of my time is going to making stuff for school. But, it's also why I asked about Modeling Melon; he looks like he'd be fun! Very Happy

Thats cuz Melon has four arms, tentacle like antenna, and those big long horse legs! XD Who wouldn't want to give him a try atleast once? X3

And Melon be a prime example of a creature not based on anything. Other than the mere thought of a grasshopper. Since I wanted him to have aspects of Crickets too.
Back to top Go down
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Peanutchan wrote:
As much as I would love to respond to everyone's comments individually. You guys totally knock me over with the FIVE new pages today. Dammit. You guys were talkative while I was droolin over cowboys!

So just to make long posts short I'll try to summarize my thoughts of all comments into this post.

1. Currency
I do like the Credstick idea for the more advanced places and trade of goods for the down right primitive ones. If we did use a Coin or currency made out of metals/minerals... it would be a "new" metal. not something that actually exists so that it would be the only thing made out of that material, so worth would be constant. Also the idea of one area alone producing it and then distributing it to everywhere else would help remove counter fitting. Since you can only get that metal/mineral from one place, which would obviously be under heavy security if not made off limits to everyone but certain nominated/hand picked people. Kind of like a Mint. I'd say either one area of ants. Since they are so meticulous. (yes some races should be driven by the actual animals behavior) Or possibly Termites. Deep ground dwellers. And so far termites in my head are one of the primitive races... but still a world power. Cuz a colony is far more like to work in sink than a town. Specially if they are run by a Queen. (not exactly like actual bugs since real queens don't do squat but breed) So she and her colony would only trade the metal/mineral to the other kingdoms for things. And then that would be turned into coins/strips/bars or whatever for each place. Thus having money that looks different but still worth the same. Plus can also have the fun of said queen getting pissed for one reason or another and cutting off the other races to said metal/mineral till she gets her way. X3

2. Mother Tree/Mothercity.
You guys are thinking the tree is WAY smaller than what I envisioned it. this sucker is huge. HUGE! I'm not talkin Tree of Might huge. (hehe... DBZ reference) But think like... A full grown Banyan Tree to an actual ant. Think bigger my dears. I envisioned multiple towns and villages through out the tree as one City. External and internal. Inside the tree, on the tree, around the tree, and under the tree. There will be an underground map system made for the whole planet as well. Promise. Can't leave out the underlings!
Also if thought as their beginning then it would be viewed differently by each race depending on the type due to the source of that race. Race's with old blood queens would obviously view the tree as sacred. that they first evolved from creatures birthed from that tree. New king/Queen races may see it differently as more of a spiritual thing than actual fact. So it would be important as a representation of ideas or believes than anything. then you have races that do not have a 'source' queen or even a ruling party at all. They may still view the tree in a sacred way for different reasons. Then you can also have the parties of all races who see it as nothing more than a big plant. because some places that have an Old Queen view her as a feral creature that needs to be forgotten or rid of. An inferior being. As some Old blood queens do have simple mentalities like the actual insect counter parts. Like modern man views Neanderthals.

3. Races
Choosing a kind of insect/arachnid you want is only for showing what that creature was based off of. As we want to be realistic but still fantasy. So all spiders are still Arachin. Just because I call Ben a Raft Spider does not mean he is a different race than Loment. They are both Arachins. Just different kinds.
I just wanted people to make characters based on real animals so that it is realistic in some ways. So we can have say a Luna moth but you want it to have Zebra Swallowtail markings and Monarch colors. Well it isn't a Hybrid! Its just a Lepidoran. Cross race offspring are still considered whatever their mothers race or which ever parent it most resembles. Even if the father is a Hyme and the mother is a Rhoparan. However, if we do eventually want to explore the route of 'hybrid children' that will have to be farther down the line once we have established more of this world. So you don't have to mention the insect or arachnid except to show the reference you used. Also no really totally unnatural looking babies okay. Keep some things as real as possible. Thats why we use actual bugs for these. And before someone calls me on Loment the big GAY pink and purple spider I will be revealing what the hell is up with him and his little band in his profile. PROMISE!

On currency-- Yeah, I think we were just groping for ideas. I totally didn't even think of a new material. I kept leaning on the "only a few people know how to make this shiyet", but hey. XD Having only one source for it would totally solve a lot of the problems. And I have a vote for the queen getting pissy and going "NO U". XD

Mother Tree--I... Jesus, I thought the thing was huge but damn. XD I mean, I could see a lot of little regions to it, but that's a bit bigger than I had in my head. XD But yeah, that's... actually in part why I used a state rather than a city as my example earlier. Because I can guarantee you that Staunton, VA is not like Richmond, VA is not like Charlottesville, VA, even though they're all within two hours of each other, give or take 10 MPH. So yeah, it's like that only... Mother Tree is more like a country, ain't it? XD! A country-sized city. Probably more like a continent-sized city...

Races--Aha. I wasn't sure if maybe different moths had different takes on things or what have you. But looking at it that way, it'd be dependent on that race and maybe the branch (a la the way religious denominations work) of it as to how it regards things. Hmm... I might end up drawing up a chart and writing out ideas tomorrow. Although would gold silk orb weavers still have yellowish silk, in that case?

...Also. Loment is on crack. Queerpants crack. END OF STORY. (iluLomentrly)
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Ten wrote:

On currency-- Yeah, I think we were just groping for ideas. I totally didn't even think of a new material. I kept leaning on the "only a few people know how to make this shiyet", but hey. XD Having only one source for it would totally solve a lot of the problems. And I have a vote for the queen getting pissy and going "NO U". XD

Mother Tree--I... Jesus, I thought the thing was huge but damn. XD I mean, I could see a lot of little regions to it, but that's a bit bigger than I had in my head. XD But yeah, that's... actually in part why I used a state rather than a city as my example earlier. Because I can guarantee you that Staunton, VA is not like Richmond, VA is not like Charlottesville, VA, even though they're all within two hours of each other, give or take 10 MPH. So yeah, it's like that only... Mother Tree is more like a country, ain't it? XD! A country-sized city. Probably more like a continent-sized city...

Races--Aha. I wasn't sure if maybe different moths had different takes on things or what have you. But looking at it that way, it'd be dependent on that race and maybe the branch (a la the way religious denominations work) of it as to how it regards things. Hmm... I might end up drawing up a chart and writing out ideas tomorrow. Although would gold silk orb weavers still have yellowish silk, in that case?

...Also. Loment is on crack. Queerpants crack. END OF STORY. (iluLomentrly)

Indeed. I just thought some of those were getting complicated and confusing others. However, even this may confuse some.. so as is its just an idea.

Its more like one city and as the tree grew it spread out. Like a reverse of Tricities (which originally was three cities that eventually merged over time) the tree spread out the "old parts" and then new parts were added. And it isn't its own continent. A smallish state or maybe even calling it a province/county will do.

Your bug has any aspects you want that bug to have. X3

Loment is the uber drag queen KING of crackaliciousness. XD
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Quote :
I named mine after the song that was playing, the same with her mate.

since it's a line that was playing in Scarborough Fair.

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme

I know that song. I sing it from time to time. It's actually rather nice as a lullaby. X3 I think that a pics thread should be put up since alot of us are from DA and we draw.... ALOT. XD However, I'm not sure were it should be...
Back to top Go down
http://zaiats.deviantart.com
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Zaiats wrote:
Quote :
I named mine after the song that was playing, the same with her mate.

since it's a line that was playing in Scarborough Fair.

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme

I know that song. I sing it from time to time. It's actually rather nice as a lullaby. X3 I think that a pics thread should be put up since alot of us are from DA and we draw.... ALOT. XD However, I'm not sure were it should be...
At the bottom of the main page. there is a gallery. XD I think Alot of peeps miss that. O3O;
Back to top Go down
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:53 pm

All I sees at the bottom is the Sandbox, which thus far has nothing in it. XD But then, Tenny is fairly blind and tends to forget where her stylus is when it's sitting in the stand. So. XD
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:55 pm

XD OMG Ten I have the same problem except for I'm sitting on it usually. XD

Anyways. Thanks Ten, I was going to say I didn't see it. XD XD
Back to top Go down
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah. XD Either SITTING THERE or I'm sitting on it. My chair is wicker, I don't see how I can't ever tell...
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:58 pm

Really? Cuz Its just under Sandbox for me. In the "Culture" category. O3O
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Also. THERE! Behold why Loment is the pink and purple spider that he is. X3

World news 1 - Page 6 PaintedSpider
Back to top Go down
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah, not seein' that. XD But damn. Knew he was sadistic, but masochistic on top of that? Oh, Loment, you nutter. Paaaiiiiint... Which, ironically, I somehow first saw as ripping stuff off. But still, constantly painting is pretty... that takes a lot of effort not to just say "fork thees sheet" and quit.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 pm

How about now? Is there a Gallery?
Back to top Go down
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:09 pm

-Point!- I sees it!
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Ten wrote:
-Point!- I sees it!
WHOO! Houston we no has problem!!!
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Quote :
Also. THERE! Behold why Loment is the pink and purple spider that he is. X3

Awesome sauce. XD Since people are showcasing their resent art I shall show mine. XD
World news 1 - Page 6 Crepuscolo_Sul_Mare_by_Zaiats

Loment meet Agrimony. Agrimony meet Loment. XD
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 pm

*does wolf whistle*
She looks like she'd be right at home in Darpan. :3

*head tilts* Is it weird that I love her pelvis for some reason?
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey cool XD Now I know were to put her. XD Wasn't sure were to make her home but that would make sence. She's a dancer so a place like that would get her quite a lucrative business XD

Thaaaaaaaaks Peanutchan X3

LOL nope not weird at all. I spent most of my time right there trying to get the color right. XD

Random thought: She needs a boyfriend XD
Back to top Go down
jackoman
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
jackoman

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:56 pm

World news 1 - Page 6 GrantthemolecricketGrey

The most recent bit of Art I've done too. SHOWCASING FOR THE WIN...

I just can't ink worth a damn and pretty much just figure out how to bodge photoshop into doing what I want. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Oooh. He has some muscles on him. XD Bet his upper cut and right hook are mean. XD
Back to top Go down
jackoman
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
jackoman

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Yup, he's a Mole Cricket; he's MEANT to dig into Clay and Stone with them. :3 Just he's kind've slow moving since he really can't hop....
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:45 pm

I think he's the first cricket I've seen so far. X3 Nice job on the design.

How tall is he?
Back to top Go down
Inky Gearbits
Maggot
Maggot
Inky Gearbits

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:54 pm

World news 1 - Page 6 Dbnjx2

Everyone else is doing it. Still drawing the rest of the members of the caravan, but at least Merlo is done and shaded, even though the shading is bad.
Got Loam the incredibly girly labybug boy done as well, need to finish Sticks.

And god I love your stuff Zaiats D: So pretty and soft <3
Back to top Go down
jackoman
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
jackoman

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:55 pm

5'2" or 4'10". Not sure. Oh, and he's a Scottsman at least when he talks 'Nay, I donnae whatchea be talkin bout specially wit' all chyea talkinboutstrangeness like tha'..." Or he sounds like a Piker... not sure.

Oh holy ballz, nice cart! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

World news 1
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next