Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World news 1

Go down 
+11
Blue
Zarashi
jackoman
VemarielImbelinde
Ten
Kittariku
middernacht
Inky Gearbits
Zaiats
Morgue
Peanutchan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zarashi
Soldier
Soldier
Zarashi

World news 1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 am

Well I wasn't sure if you'd really take notice of me, but oh well. If I can figure out who was nessicarily 'good and evil' I could probably come up with something, or I could always work towards the who 'everyone unites against one major power' concept if you like.
Back to top Go down
http://zarashi-desune-katze.deviantart.com/
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 am

Ten wrote:
Anthropology mention. Nrrr... If you don't mind, and if there's a general agreement on what kinds of races live where, I might be able to help define cultural reasons for it, along with a few ideas for cultural norms? I can't name things for beans, but I can offer my help fleshing out racial interaction and regional culture. Things like belief systems (mostly ethical social norms, really, unless there's the thought of something along the lines of deities involved?), cultural events (festivals, "holidays", etc.), what could be viewed as taboo or negative... Stuff like that. This would, of course, all be things bounced off people and I'm sure there would be this lovely meshing of ideas which is delightful and yes and...

...And I am feeling remarkably nervous about saying all this. XD!! GodIsucklawl 8D;; -corner!hide-

NERD! No. XD We love the nerdage here. OwO So yes some concepts and things of many nature would be welcome here. First up on the business block is the Mother Tree and Mothercity. Totally open for interpretation on all accounts until we have a set design then it will be assigned to one or two peeps. And than we shall move onto the next project. :3
Back to top Go down
https://meddus.rpg-board.net
Zarashi
Soldier
Soldier
Zarashi

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:10 am

Peanutchan wrote:
NERD!

Ack, you almost broke me from my professional act there, I'd have to go movie wiz on ya. Wait.. DAMNIT! >w<
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 am

Zarashi wrote:
Well I wasn't sure if you'd really take notice of me, but oh well. If I can figure out who was nessicarily 'good and evil' I could probably come up with something, or I could always work towards the who 'everyone unites against one major power' concept if you like.

There is no good and evil races here. Some spiders are bad. Some are good. Some Butterflies are good. Some are bad. Its like actual people so free will. Not just Natural tendencies. Though those factor in sometimes.

Though we are totally open to interpretations on all fronts. First item of business so far is the Mother Tree, Mothercity, its culture, and occupants and what not.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:13 am

VemarielImbelinde wrote:
Hey I have a lot of experience coming up with cultures and animals. If I could offer any help I'd be more than happy. I don't really want to be a mod but anything creative and I'd love to help. I can offer suggestions if it's allowed.
Very well my dear. You ish not a mod. You are a designer. *points to your now green name*
Currently we are working on any and all concepts having to do with the Mother Tree and Mothercity.
Back to top Go down
Zarashi
Soldier
Soldier
Zarashi

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:14 am

Peanutchan wrote:

There is no good and evil races here. Some spiders are bad. Some are good. Some Butterflies are good. Some are bad. Its like actual people so free will. Not just Natural tendencies. Though those factor in sometimes.

I didn't really mean like a whole race would be evil, just certain characters. Like Loment for example looks like a devious one to me, though it's more up to you.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:17 am

Zarashi wrote:
Peanutchan wrote:

I didn't really mean like a whole race would be evil, just certain characters. Like Loment for example looks like a devious one to me, though it's more up to you.
Ah.. Well technically he is just my personal character. Him and his evil little band of Orb spiders. We are concentrating on the whole world so peeps don't even have to associate with my creations if they don't want too.

I think only King Vaas would be a part of any world plot since he is the High king of any and all Bees/wasps.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 am

And apologies if I seem a little loopy and not reading peeps comments correctly if I make a mistake...
Peanut is not feeling well at all. But I am trying to answer questions and what not so we can get atleast one ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Zarashi
Soldier
Soldier
Zarashi

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 am

Peanutchan wrote:

Ah.. Well technically he is just my personal character. Him and his evil little band of Orb spiders. We are concentrating on the whole world so peeps don't even have to associate with my creations if they don't want too.

I think only King Vaas would be a part of any world plot since he is the High king of any and all Bees/wasps.

Ah so you won't be bringing all your characters here then?
And so King Vaas is going to be the 'big bad villain' that's treatening everyone and causing everyone to unite against him? Are you going to RP him in that case?

And it's quite alright Peanut, I'm being tortured at the moment every waking second by my newly aquired braces. So I'm not one hundred percent either.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:29 am

Zarashi wrote:
Peanutchan wrote:

Ah so you won't be bringing all your characters here then?
And so King Vaas is going to be the 'big bad villain' that's treatening everyone and causing everyone to unite against him? Are you going to RP him in that case?

I will be bringing all my characters here.... I'm just not going to make them the center of attention so everyone HAS to do things with my creations. just making a world for everyone's characters. Not just mine. So everyone can enjoy making their own little worlds within mine. Be free my little lemmings. FREE!!

And No. King Vaas isn't bad at all. There is no world villain so far. King Vaas is just one of the rulers of this world. Pentra more specifically. he does have other kings under his command of the same races. So other peeps can have king characters of their own. Same will go for some other races with ruling parties. Others won't have a king/queen at all. Though I won't rule out maybe a war or two against one or another land just for fun. We shall see. We are still in the designing phase after all.
Back to top Go down
Zarashi
Soldier
Soldier
Zarashi

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 am

A war sounds like a splended idea, an idea Twilight was too stupid to leave out, but that's just my opinion. >->

Anyways, if you do ever need help with the plot, don't hesitate to call for me. I really have alot of free time, aside from trying to get Ji'Lukka's bio straight and what the hell kinda spider he's gunna be.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:52 am

Zarashi wrote:
A war sounds like a splended idea, an idea Twilight was too stupid to leave out, but that's just my opinion. >->

Anyways, if you do ever need help with the plot, don't hesitate to call for me. I really have alot of free time, aside from trying to get Ji'Lukka's bio straight and what the hell kinda spider he's gunna be.

Twilight?

we shall sees. I'm just not able to think right now.. I think I'm getting a fever... Ugh...
*goes to lay down*
Back to top Go down
Zarashi
Soldier
Soldier
Zarashi

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:56 am

Peanutchan wrote:
I'm just not able to think right now.. I think I'm getting a fever... Ugh...
*goes to lay down*

Oh no, you have it too! Everyone and their grandma has been sick these past few days. Well I hope you get better soon, I'm tired of seeing everyone suffer, no matter how much the voices in my head laugh at it.
>->
<-<
Back to top Go down
VemarielImbelinde
Maggot
Maggot

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Ten wrote:
Anthropology mention. Nrrr... If you don't mind, and if there's a general agreement on what kinds of races live where, I might be able to help define cultural reasons for it, along with a few ideas for cultural norms? I can't name things for beans, but I can offer my help fleshing out racial interaction and regional culture. Things like belief systems (mostly ethical social norms, really, unless there's the thought of something along the lines of deities involved?), cultural events (festivals, "holidays", etc.), what could be viewed as taboo or negative... Stuff like that. This would, of course, all be things bounced off people and I'm sure there would be this lovely meshing of ideas which is delightful and yes and...

...And I am feeling remarkably nervous about saying all this. XD!! GodIsucklawl 8D;; -corner!hide-

I can also definitely help on that Ten if you want to discuss those things with me! I majored intercultural studies back in college. Its a passion.
Back to top Go down
http://vemarielimbelinde.deviantart.com
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:25 pm

JUST hit a major snag.

What is the currency in Meddus?
Back to top Go down
http://zaiats.deviantart.com
Ten
Drone
Drone
Ten

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm

VemarielImbelinde wrote:
Ten wrote:

I can also definitely help on that Ten if you want to discuss those things with me! I majored intercultural studies back in college. Its a passion.

I quite nearly did, myself. XD But it... I couldn't stand our anthropology professor and she was head of the department. u.u So I just moved onto Asian Studies and got my degree there. But oh, cultural studies are so much fun. <3 So yis. I'm kind of just rambly right now, but. XD

Peanutchan wrote:
NERD! No. XD We love the nerdage here. OwO So yes some concepts and things of many nature would be welcome here. First up on the business block is the Mother Tree and Mothercity. Totally open for interpretation on all accounts until we have a set design then it will be assigned to one or two peeps. And than we shall move onto the next project. :3

Hm, well we have sort of an idea of the tree's set up... But the first thing that comes to mind is fairly obvious--different races on different levels. How many of them intermingle daily? Their life is centred around a tree, so what can we expect they'd celebrate? Obviously the tree, so maybe they have an annual celebration for the tree's birthday? Or something to symbolize it. If that idea's followed up, does each race bring something into it to symbolize the foundation of the city? If so, what? Something relating to trade or their ancestral culture?

...Drawing a blank, now. That wasn't even very much...
Back to top Go down
Blue
Drone
Drone
Blue

PostSubject: Blue   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:05 pm

It sucks with finals being around...I catch things WAAAY after their posted oh wells Ive annoyed you enough so asking to be a MOD would be out of the question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinonaru89.deviantart.com
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Zaiats wrote:
JUST hit a major snag.

See. This is why I needs all you crackheads on my team. X3 Cuz I just don't think of everything. So it is all up for discussion my dear.
We can have several different currencies. One world currency.... or we can go Star trek and no currency but do a trades thing. XD
Back to top Go down
Viqueen
Maggot
Maggot

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Peanutchan wrote:
Zaiats wrote:
JUST hit a major snag.

See. This is why I needs all you crackheads on my team. X3 Cuz I just don't think of everything. So it is all up for discussion my dear.
We can have several different currencies. One world currency.... or we can go Star trek and no currency but do a trades thing. XD

I kinda like the idea of a combination of both. A world currency could/would make things simpler, but trading wares could be good in some cases as well. Yah know, depending on the area and circumstance... Why am I trying to be coherent at 2 in the morning? :flops onto keyboard and dies:
Back to top Go down
http://www.viqueen.deviantart.com
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Ten wrote:

Peanutchan wrote:

Hm, well we have sort of an idea of the tree's set up... But the first thing that comes to mind is fairly obvious--different races on different levels. How many of them intermingle daily? Their life is centred around a tree, so what can we expect they'd celebrate? Obviously the tree, so maybe they have an annual celebration for the tree's birthday? Or something to symbolize it. If that idea's followed up, does each race bring something into it to symbolize the foundation of the city? If so, what? Something relating to trade or their ancestral culture?

...Drawing a blank, now. That wasn't even very much...

Um.. just an idea.. but maybe they believe that is where there species existence first started? I think some races would have different ideas about the tree. And the "old Blood" queens would be a good tie in factor of something to the tree. I don't know. That why we all be brain storming. X3
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Viqueen wrote:
Peanutchan wrote:
Zaiats wrote:
JUST hit a major snag.

I kinda like the idea of a combination of both. A world currency could/would make things simpler, but trading wares could be good in some cases as well. Yah know, depending on the area and circumstance... Why am I trying to be coherent at 2 in the morning? :flops onto keyboard and dies:

Larger cities and places could use the currency and then smaller or less traveled/more primitive place could use just trading.
"shrug" Same reason I be on here even though I be sick as a dog.... can't sleep. ugh....
Back to top Go down
Zaiats
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Zaiats

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:06 pm

At one point I remember you wanted the technology kind of like the Thundercats. Their technology was advanced but kind of stone age at the same time.

We could do a card based currency that you use like "creds" and you guy things by swiping it over a small lazer. That lazrr could be attached to a small watch that looks like an hour glass so you can still keep some of that primitive contrast look.
Back to top Go down
http://zaiats.deviantart.com
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Zaiats wrote:
At one point I remember you wanted the technology kind of like the Thundercats. Their technology was advanced but kind of stone age at the same time.

We could do a card based currency that you use like "creds" and you guy things by swiping it over a small lazer. That lazrr could be attached to a small watch that looks like an hour glass so you can still keep some of that primitive contrast look.

That could work for some of the larger cities and things. Cuz there are still some places that are totally primitive. Mud burrows in the ground baby! Ahem. I think we could throw some Steampunk and Vampire Hunter D type of deals in some places too. Might work nicely.
Back to top Go down
jackoman
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
jackoman

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:43 pm

I would think there would be multiple currencies to be paid by differnt people; like, for instance, Grant, being a Highland Dweller would have 'Warks' and Dax has 'Tinks' the exchange rate is the same because of the coin's Metalic value not because of what it's worth in either country. But, Creds would be fun. Very Happy (WARNING EXAMPLE ALERT)

I mean, it could be a strange economic system so everyone has diferent money but it's all really the same.
Back to top Go down
Morgue
Drone
Drone

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:57 pm

I was gonna use gems as a currency. But i suppose it depends on the people your trading with since some might prize things like rare spices, produce from animals ect.

before money the currency was what ever that country/town/city lack, things they couldn't get there.
Back to top Go down
http://morgue-macabre.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World news 1   World news 1 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

World news 1
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next