Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pandora, the night is alive.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

Pandora, the night is alive. Empty
PostSubject: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:29 am

the forest was a myriad picture of shimmering lights, everything from the jungle floor to the canopy of trees and everything in between was a glow. Even his own cobalt flesh held patterns of small luminescent dots, his large eyes focused on the shapes moving through the lights. The silent life of the jungle when the darkness came. He was crouched down, stretched out on the largest limp of a nearby tree, leaning to the side as he watched, dreads and braids hanging to the side of his face and down around his shoulders. Bright feathers mixed in with the dark strands. His ears where pinned back, his tail almost motionless.
Auni kept his bow slung over his shoulders, resting mostly but ever alert. He was not really hunting, but he never seemed to fully relax, he seemed to be in a constant state of agitation.

He narrowed his eyes, as a few passing lizards fanned their brilliant frills at each other.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:02 pm

His one good pale yellow eye was dilated as he fixated on the creature lounging on a thick branch, more than wide enough to support a lot more weight than just one fully grown Na'vi male. He flinched back as he saw a small group of little lizards whizzing away. They didn't take flight unless disturbed, so perhaps one of the members of his pack has shifted and surprised the little things. That was quite possible, this late in the pandoran night. All but one of his Angtsik were asleep, of course, the one awake was his very own bonded companion.

All of his family of the Omatikaya clan hadn't seen him in years, and he had no intention of going back. He was happy living with his protective herd of Angtsik. They were massive creatures, and though they were territorial, they were highly social creatures who respected one another, no matter the age, as long as the members kept their place. He was not the 'leader' of the herd, but he didn't want to be the leader of the herd. He was fine being the 'calf' to a large female, whom for himself, he named Kato'way, meaning rhythm of the song. She however, was the matriarch, which was why he was safe amongst these massive herbivores.

He liked the Angtsik, they treated him nicely, while his parents had named him for his so called, 'unruly' behavior. Even from birth he was eager to move, always disobeying. But that wasn't really his fault... He wanted to be cared for, but be allowed to do all he wanted. At the young age of 9 summers, he'd requested to see the soul tree, the spirit of Eywa. His parents said no, and even the clan leader, alongside his mate, said no as well to him! Being his normal self, he asked why, and the response he received was that he wasn't a man yet, and to become a man he had to bond with an Ikran. He tried, and hardly escaped with his life. He was ridiculed in front of everyone, because he was too proud of himself to have a quiet bonding.

No Ikran had stood up to him, until the top-male did, and thoroughly attacked the young boy. He was brought back to Hometree, bleeding across the forest with one good eye left, the other scarred shut. That night, bandaged, he ran away, leaving only a crudely scratched message on the bark of the Hometree, bloodied in the crevices. He also left the necklace his parents crafted for him when he was born. The message he left was this; "I will come back a Man". It took him weeks, and attempt after attempt to bond with the various wildlife of Pandora, but he was rejected. Until one fated day, the seeds of Eywa touched him, then floated away. Determined that this was a positive omen, he trudged on until he accidentally met a large herd of Angtsik.

The matriarch charged him, but he didn't back down, instead he clambered into a tree, then swung down and forced the bond onto her. Almost instantly she calmed. And that was the start of his new life. He wouldn't dare leave the Angtsik matriarch's side, now. But that also meant he had to help them, and that included guarding them from other Na'vi. Including this apparently-relaxed older male only an Angtsik length or two away. That unnerved him. He laid on his own branch, tail flicking silently, a hand on the massive horn of Kato'way.

This other male seemed to be a hunter, so that made him doubly unnerved. Kato'way knew he was like this, which was why she was still awake. She grumbled a little, making vibrations run up his arm. He sighed and stroked her thick skin gently. Morning couldn't come any sooner for him - but the night was indulging in time, and the darkness illuminated, crawled on. He could only wait, wait until the male left, or there would be a fight.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:15 pm

His ears twitched, turning his head faintly as the lizards took flight, tracking where it was they had fled from, he couldn't make much out in the dense foliage, but something had startled the small flying creatures. Moving up the branch slightly, he curled his legs up under himself, so he could spring off the limb should he need to.

He cast his gaze around himself, quickly scanning the shadows for his bonded companion, who he knew was resting near by, hidden somewhere in the darkness. He gripped the branch tightly and swung down, dropping to the dirt, landing in a low crouch as he moved slowly towards the area the small creatures had fled. His own bonded beast stirred but watched him from a distance. He moved a large group of leaves aside as cautious as he could be, having no real idea what it was that he was coming up upon.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:07 am

His eye narrowed and he silently got off his own branch, for this Na'vi male was getting far too close to his Angtsik for his likings. Kato'way shifted a massive foot anxiously. The Na'vi male was encroaching on her space, too, and that was Ioaunkeye'un's signal to stop the intruder. He stalked towards the Na'vi, who at that moment parted a few leaves of a fern.

He gave a silent snarl, and gave a burst of speed, and was within moments at the elder's throat, bending the foolish male backwards with one foot on the opposing inside of a knee, ready to force the intruder to buckle into a kneel. Ioaun gave a growl, holding the male's braid in his left hand alongside a massive blade carved from a Palulukan's rib bone, his other hand filled with a matching blade from another rib, the edge ready to slice the male's throat.

He leaned down to whisper into the pinned back cobalt ears, speaking his native language.
"You will surrender if you wish your life. I will not take it, for I have just saved you, but my herd of sleeping Angtsik will not like being awoken." he hissed, teeth bared angrily. He wasn't sure if he could hold the male like this for long - but Kato'way would be there in an instant to protect him should something go wrong.

He glanced around the glowing forest, eye hunting for any sign of a companion of the male. He hadn't heard any Ikran sleeping, Nantang pack hooting, or even the tromping hooves of the Pa'li. Palulukan weren't native to this area, so he had no reason to worry about the massive predator. Even his herd of Angtsik wouldn't stand up to a Palulukan - the black skinned beast made them shiver in fear, and rightly so.

He saw nor heard any sign of any beast other than the lizards, and the faint grumblings of the Angtsik herd. This Na'vi elder must not have a companion, he decided.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:24 am

Before he could form a reaction to anything going on about him, he found himself bent backwards across the leg of a younger male, blade to his throat. He bared his teeth and hissed loudly as his braid was grasped and the point of the knife touched his skin. His tail lashed from side to side in silent fury as the younger Na'vi bent his head to whisper into his ear.

"I would let me go if you value your life young one." He hissed back through clenched teeth. He had no inetention of harming the massive herd, he hadn't even known they had been there, but he was not about to submit to the younger male. From the shadows a soft rustling was all that gave notice to the massive shadowy form that rose up from the thick leaves, the skin on the powerful jaws pulling back to bare its dagger like teeth. The frill on the back of its head fanned out but the Palulukan did nothing more then crouch ready to spring, waiting.

Auni raised his hand behind himself swiftly, beckoning the thanator to be still, he cooed at it as best he could with his throat pressed against a blade.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:44 am

Ioaun gave a glance to the side as the palulukan crept out of the shadow - oh he'd made such a grave mistake, assuming that no sensible Na'vi would bond with such a fearful creature! He heard Kato'way beginning to low nervously, and the rest of the herd stirring at the frightened alarm. As quickly as he had the male pinned - he released him, sliding the blades, each as long as his young-adult arm, into their Angtsik hide sheathes. He glared at the shadowed Palulukan, whom, was momentarily hushed, but still flaring a territorial, no, protective warning.

He gave a hiss, trying not to show any fear to the creature, before sidling over to Kato'way, rubbing her muzzle gently.
"Shh, sa'nu..." he murmured, resting his forehead on her snout. She hushed, but was very uneasy in the predator's vicinity. He turned to glare at the intruding Na'vi. He gave a soft bark of accusation, snarling.

"What are you doing here, vrrtep taranyu?!" he growled, turning his immature body to face the adult. He hated adults... He was good enough to speak to Eywa as any of them! But anytime he got near the mother - they'd force him away with their disgusting Ikran....Oh, he hated the Ikran even more than adults! His body was marred permanently from one - how could he ever forgive the beasts?!

This intruder... This 'Demon Hunter', in his mind, was just as disgusting to him as any other person. He glared at the Palulukan again, and hissed, waving a hand.

"Your beast does not belong here, vrrtep," he snarled, "Nantang, angtsik and pa'li rule this area. Palulukan live near the home tree, not here on the outskirts." he finished with a grumble. Kato'way lowed again, reminding him that the predator was in fact scaring her.

"Both of you must leave, vrrtep, before my angtsik wake." he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:13 am

once he was free he turned stalking back to stand next to the fearsome beast, resting his hands on it's shoulder, smoothing over its hide. As he did this the creature calmed, folding the skin around its lips again to cover its jaws. It kept the others in its gaze however but was no longer being overtly protective. Since his companion was now stilled Auni turned back to the youth who was addressing him with such disgust and hostility. " I do not have to go anywhere, we have not brought harm to anything here young one." He chided, speaking through his teeth.

He detested the way the young adult was speaking to him, treating him as though he had already committed some crime, he'd had this trouble before when he had tried to re enter the clan after having been long since raised by such a deadly beast, but he tried and they had shunned him and now this youth was showing him violence for nothing other then his presence here.

His ears flicked backwards as he narrowed his eyes at the other male. " Do not make to threaten me with your herd.." He paused, pinching the bridge of his nose a moment. " We have not brought harm to you and yours do not force me to change that, I may roam where I please."
It was obvious he was not looking for a fight, but he was not about to be ordered around by this youth.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 am

Ioaun gave a snarl. This male was nothing other than the adult he was! He glared at the forest floor, hating to hear the chiding replies the adult was offering. He was no longer a child - yet he was still being treated as such by a person he didn't even know. He looked once more at the male, stepping towards him and his Palulukan angrily.

"You come into my territory, and you say you have not brought harm?! I do not threaten with my family, I offer you the wisdom of the forest - frightened of a Palulukan likes yours they may be - but Kato'way will fight for me, as will any of them once awoken!" he growled, furious. This Na'vi male had no right to be here - his presence alone disgusted him. Kato'way grumbled, stamping a foot once, mood starting to change at her 'son's' hostile posture.

"You - you're an adult, you treat me like a child! I am more a man than you! I have bonded with all of the Angtsik, and you have only preformed the tsahaylu with a single black menace." he scoffed, tossing the black monster a sneer.

There was little he could actually do to such a pair - a Palulukan was a threat in and of itself, and a bonded one was worse. But Ioaun had numbers and size on his side - and loyalty. He'd been bonded with Kato'way for nearly five years, who knows how little practice and time the hunter had with his beast? Ioaun also had the advantage of terrain - he knew this area well, from the sparse plains that led to the Seze tribe on the shore, to the Omatikaya in the deep jungle. He could even walk through the local eyaye without them retreating their spiral leaves.

Yes....He almost wanted a fight. Kato'way was getting angry now, rather than nervous, but thankfully the rest of the herd still slept.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:45 am

"I am treating you like a child because you are acting like one." He snarled at the youth, his hand gripping tightly to his beast. " You attack me, then dare to insult my bond , you are behaving like a baby, a whining, aggitated little infant." He growled out his last words. " Who do you think you are to pass judgment on me."
He glared hard at the boy, swining himself up in a single fluid motion onto the back of the thanator, which only had to move its shoulder slightly to allow the movement. Obviously they had been together a long time, nothing more then touches were needed between the pair. " Just like all the others with your crule words and asumtions." His voice rose as he spat these last words the fury like wild fire in his eyes.

" We did not come here to bring harm to you and yours and still you spit at my father!" He raged at the young male, enraged by yet another who found nothing but poision for him and his companion. He had been lost, wondering after having been injured.The palulukan and he where simply resting and he despised being met with such hostility, though it no longer surprised him, as a youth he had been treating with the same disdain when after being taken in and cared for like one of the Palulukan's own pups he had tried to bring the massive male beast back with him to where he remembered home was, and they feared it, called him things he did not like to repeat, for it was wrong, them and their flyers had felt this was a bad omen and turned the boy away again, now here in the jungle with out any provocation this youth was treating him like some monster. Oh yes, he could be one, he was bonded to the dry mouth, bringing of death, and reared by one, so yes he could be one. He had however, done nothing to this male and his herd, so yes, it was getting under his skin.

The masisve palulukan pulled its jowles back only slightly, showing its aggitation as its compained grew more furious, it showed its teeth in warning...don't come near, its posture screamed.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:24 am

Ioaun tensed - he'd wanted a blade fight, not a beast fight! His warnings before had been empty - though he did not live with the Na'vi anymore - he still cared for animals, even big mangy ones like a Palulukan. If he rallied his herd - both Na'vi adult and companion would be trampled. That was not the way to fight. But he couldn't be shown up like this! He gave a growl.

"I act like one who has been treated like a child - I have lived with Kato'way for five years - she treats me as an equal, though I see her as my mother." he paused, glancing at the Palulukan, who was snarling at him still. But - something sparked his interest. This male was talking to him as if they were of the same clan - and that Ioaun had rejected him! Something sounded familiar, here... It sounded like him.

"...Wait, taranyu." he called - wincing. He didn't quite know why he was trying to make amends - but this male seemed like him.

"You say I pass judgment on you - I have not insulted any Na'vi but you - unless you are to say that your Palulukan is your father. If you are a lone hunter like I am, then I withdraw my demands, and ask forgiveness in the name of Eywa - I thought you from a clan..." he murmured, patting Kato'way's snout to still her. She grumbled, then the ground and trees shuddered as she bent her knees and laid down, resting her massive horn next to him. He hopped onto her horn - crouching and gazing at the hunter. It was unlike him to back down from a fight - but something compelled him to do this.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:36 am

He stilled, instantly when the youth requested it, it was eerie how motionless he was. A hunters stillness. Finally after he listened he snorted. "I have no clan but this." At that he patted the passive head of his beast who made odd purring sounds at him, though purring may not be the right word for the worble. Auni tossed his head, laughing, but his was not the soft carefree laughter of most, there was the edge of bitterness to it, the edge of someone who has been long lost. " You are forgiven, you and your mother. " He sort of nudged his head in the massive Koto'way. He patted his hand on the frill of the palulukan and it became calm once more, its teeth hidden as it shook itself to get comfortable. Tossing the male about a little, making him have to hang on a little tighter for a moment. It seemed for all the world like the bringer of death was playing...actually playing with the hunter on its back.

"Your family is larger then mine, a lot of mouths to feed."

He offered, as if he was trying to start a line of converstation but was unsure of how to go about such a simple task. Auni slide down from the beast's flank and moved around infront of it, stepping away slightly. Obviously offering the youth the oppurtunity to come closer with out having to come too close to the palulukan.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:56 am

Ioaunkeye'un gave a sigh of relief, and bowed his head a moment. He may hate adults, and people who thought they were better than him - but he respected a fellow loner. He'd had years away from his family, and there was only one reason he would ever go back. For his love - if she hadn't given herself to another male, that is. If that happened - he couldn't bear ever being near another female again.

"Many mouths, maybe, but we find plenty. We are the reason no big Palulukan live here. Nantang are in plenty, but they leave us alone." he replied generally. "Angtsik will not like seeing your sempul - father, here when they wake. He may hide, but they may smell or hear. I am surprised they not smell him yet." he warned honestly - this time there was no hostility in his information, only the truth.

"You are loner, as am I. Perhaps, with Eywa's light, we could share our stories." he offered, not sure about what to say to the stranger. He didn't even know the Palulukan rider's name.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:14 am

'Maybe, but maybe you could ease their minds so they might see him as I do." He offered, a fond smile ghosting across his lips as he glanced back at the palulukan, who yawned, flashing its blade like teeth. He turned back to the other male, his expression calm, but not openly friendly, it had been years since he had owned a pleasent expression in the face of anything but his companion.

" I am Auni..." He seemed to be leaving something out, offering his nickname because he cared little for the rest of it. "Perhaps we could share our stories, if your family would welcome ones such as us." There was an edge to his voice, but he hoped the animals would be better understanding then his own people had.
He smoothed his hands down the cloth covering his hips and adjusted the bow that rested across his chest so it hung more comfortably, his tail swaying softly, no longer twitching in aggitation. " Is there a name I might call you by?" He titled his head to the side, his eyes a little wider now.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:59 am

Ioaun glanced behind him, over Kato'way's massive shoulder and through the leaves of the ferns that were thick in this glade - it was hard for even him to see his herd, his family through such thick vegetation, when he knew where they were and what signs to look for. That was saying something about how the massive animals slept. Kato'way herself was only at ease because he was - in her natural state she would have been trumpeting an alarm because of the Palulukan - but perhaps there was a way for him to soothe the herd. When the first started to awake he would do something about it - but for now, it was still the middle of Eywa's slumber.

"I will try to calm them when they wake, but if they startle, I would advise you get away as quickly as you can, for you and your father's safety." he replied, slowly turning back to face the two. This was a rare experience for Ioaun - he hadn't been in contact with another Na'vi, spare combat reasons, for over a year out of the five he'd been here. He was nervous, though he tried all he could to hide it.

"I am called Ioaunkeye'un, but you may call me Ioaun." he sighed. He hated his name - at least what it meant. Insane beast...His father had named him that. Apparently he was unruly, by Na'vi standards - all he wanted was freedom to do what he wanted. So what if what he wanted to do wasn't what others cared for? He was just aiming to have fun and still be loved. That's why he stuck with Kato'way - she didn't care what he did as long as he didn't hurt her, and he would never do that in his life.

"I will start - for my tale is easy to explain, for I have not lived long, unlike you." he offered, shrugging. His tail flicked a bit with his attitude, but other than the passive snoring of the Angtsik he was used to hearing, there was really no other sound. He looked up at the starry sky, complimented by the glowing branches and leaves of the trees.

"I was born with the Omatikaya, where my mother gave me a necklace of an Ikran, and my father gave me my name, because I would hit my mother and not still, because I wanted to move, they said. I was older after years of getting into trouble, because they did not like the way I had fun. I wanted to see Eywa's tree. My parents wouldn't let me see her, because I was not a man. I asked the spirit leader and her husband how I could see Eywa, they told me I must be a man. I demanded to know how - they told me to preform tsahaylu with an Ikran, and then I could see her. I tried to bond with one - but all of them flew off, until a big black male attacked me. He near killed me, but thought I was not good prey, so he left me. The entire clan of the Omatikaya had been watching... I was taken back to hometree, ridiculed. Even the girl I See, laughed at me, though she said sorry...I was healed up, but that night I left, leaving the necklace my mother made me, and a note in the bark of Hometree. I said I would come back a man. It took weeks hunting in the jungle for any beast that I could preform tsuhaylu with - Nantang, Pa'li, Ikran, Talioang....I even attempted to bond with a stray female Palulukan. All ran from me, or I had to run from. Until atokirina' touched me, Eywa's glorious seeds, and gave me strength. I found this herd of Angtsik, and I claimed Kato'way, the matriarch, as she charged me. I have been with them since, free to move with them, to where ever they feed." he finished dully - he nearly started crying at the mention of the girl he Saw - the one he loved. He wanted to badly to return to her, to ask her to join him out here...

He would not say her name to this Auni stranger, unless he was asked. She was a wonderful huntress, far advanced in her studies than any of the other children their age. She was better than him in hunting - but he was better than her in song, and fighting with blades. He closed his eye, sighing sadly and laying over Kato'way's bowed horn. He did not want to begin crying.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 am

Auni listened, leaning as he was against the flank of his beast, who seemed sleepy or just bored with the situation. However he did offer a bitter laugh when the youth mentioned not being as old as him. "I am not as old as you may think." He added with a lopsided sort of smirk, his expresions involved a lot of teeth baring, like he hardly recalled how to smile properly. At the end of the other male's story he felt a pang of sympathy curl up in the pit of his stomach, brought on my familiarity, he knew some of this youth's pain all to well. Sighing he tilted his head this way, then that before slining his arm over his palulukan's muzzle.

He did offer another lopsided smile when he heard the youth had tried to bond with a female palulukan, he even chuckled a little but his tone was obviously not ment to be mocking, just that he found it funny. His expression blanked when the time came for him to speak. "Alright then, you may know me." He offered, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly to still himself.

"When I was but a child old enough to remember home but not old enough to remember much else I was seperated from my parents, injured, lost. I don't recall much of what it was like, a baby lost in the jungle but I do remember when I he found me." At this he stoked the massive muzzle under his hand. "I remembered the stories of the beast and as a child you can imagen how much more of a monster he must have been to me, but instead of killing me, by Eywa's belssing we bonded, do not ask me how it happened, he carried me off to his own litter of pups, leaving me to play with my new family." He paused offering his compainion a smile and even showing it to the other male some.

" I grew with him, and stayed with him even as his other children when to find their own territories, I hunted by his side but still I longed for my home, the home that was fast becoming a misty dream in my mind. So he and I travled until we found my home, I was so proud to return to them with this mighty beast at my side, I though after so long they would welcome me with open arms..." His eyes darkened as he spoke, his words coming from between his teeth. " Instead I was greated with fear, even hositlity, they named me for what they asumed me and my father must be. Bad omen. I was told to leave, me and my bringer of death, and I have never looked back."

He was silent for a short while after he spoke, allowing himself to breath and then that sort of quirky smile returned. " I had no woman who I See, I never have, so I do not know your pain from being away from her." He offered, touching his chest to show that he tried to understand that. He grined suddanly. " Bah, Ikran, your herd is far more impressive, those flying things are brittle and small, your herd is strong, powerful." He made a fist to show his enthusiasem, it was the only way he could think of to complement the other male, since he was trying to move past their earlier hostility.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 am

Ioaun gave a round of softened laughter - he was used to speaking quietly at night, for he often talked to himself. He smiled, though when he heard Auni's attempt to compliment him and Kato'way. Their stories were somewhat similar, though each had their ups and downs. It seemed that Auni was as complicated as he was - and with no other family than those who would not leave until they returned to Eywa. That was their strength. The only family you could trust was the family that trusted you.

"The woman I see....Is a hunter like I am, but she is better. She is best with arrows - I use blades, and I sing better than her. At least, I do from when I left. I have not heard her voice since I left. She was the spirit leader's daughter... I was destined to be her mate from the start - my parents are very high ranked hunters. Maybe that is why I liked to move - I was a born fighter, and still am to this day. She was beautiful, even so young. I have no doubt she is still beautiful." he murmured fondly. She was the only Na'vi he truly appreciated, at this point. He did not consider Auni a Na'vi anymore, he considered him a loner, like himself.

But as it was, until he was older, it was impossible to claim his love from the Omatikaya hometree - the current leaders would not allow him to take her. Not without force, at least, and he did not think that would appeal to her very well. It was best to wait another few years, at best. But there were rumors of odd people coming from the sky trying to settle near the Omatikaya hometree. That made him wary and cautious - he did not want her in danger. But so far, no bad news had reached him.

Darkness was slowly beginning to ebb - the glow of the forest was dulling, and Kato'way, who had accidentally fallen asleep, was beginning to stir. The rest of the herd would soon follow. He climbed up over her horn and head and onto her back, extending the braid that was thrown over his shoulder to her queue, the two connecting quickly. She rumbled, but gave no other response.

"Shh, sa'nu...Rise, tell the herd we are safe with this enemy, who is no enemy. We would have been prey already if he was," he urged, and she grumbled getting to her gargantuan feet. She let out a loud bellow in the sharp morning air - and the rustling of the other Angtsik started up. He knew it was safe - because otherwise one of the males would have gotten up and started trumpeting already if they didn't think it was safe. They might be nervous, but they would graze peacefully now.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:27 pm

He turned his gaze the sky, nodding as the other spoke of the woman he wished to claim, he had never known such a thing so the concept was knew to him. The morning like filling the sky warmed him and he turned back to watch the herd as they stirred and began to gaze as if he and his companion were not there. He had not had the chance to observe these beasts in such a way before, they had a peacefulness about them he could truly appreciate. His palulukan shook its head and gave a soft snort before dropping to the grass like a massive cat, its thick tail swaying softly, it was not much of a sunlight creature.

Auni gave it a sideways look as if silently, playfully calling it lazy before he inclined his head in Ioaun's direction. "There's a river near by is there not, perhaps we could take them there for a drink and the lack of shadows might make them less nervous of his presence." He offered patting the beast's black flank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pandora, the night is alive.   Pandora, the night is alive. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pandora, the night is alive.
Page 1 of 1