Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medical Technology and Diseases

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wachey
Drone
Drone
wachey

Medical Technology and Diseases Empty
PostSubject: Medical Technology and Diseases   Medical Technology and Diseases EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:19 am

I had to look up medical information for my character Folga, and was wondering, just how far is technology, (medically, food-making, etc), on this planet? What exactly will their tools be made out of? And also, what type of diseases are out there for our characters to worry about?

Oh, and Nova's art got me to thinking, do they grow back their limbs?
Back to top Go down
wachey
Drone
Drone
wachey

PostSubject: Re: Medical Technology and Diseases   Medical Technology and Diseases EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Alright, below are medical tools used today and placed onto two different lists. One list is for those I'm not sure could be made during the time period we have set up for this planet, and the other list is for tools that can definitely be made.

Definite tools:
elastic bandage
gauze
reflex hammer
forceps
scalpel
medicine bottles
crutches
mortar and pestle
acupuncture needles
bed pan
speculum (could be made out of wood or metal)
lubricant

Questionable tools:
stethoscope
wheelchair or walker (question of what wheels are made out of...)
test tubes for blood samples
syringe
otoscope
blood pressure cuff and sphygmomanometer
blood/iv bags
pills (should probably stick to liquid medicine?)
surgical mask
microscope

If you see a tool you know can be made in this time period let me know. I'm not a doctor after all ^^;

Oh, and here's a link to some of the tools I found: http://www.medical-tools.com/index.php

Also, another question: should there be a type of lotion or oil that's made from various plant life to help reattach limbs? Or should this ointment help with small scratches and bruises?
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Medical Technology and Diseases   Medical Technology and Diseases EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Different continents and even the different regions in the continents all have different levels of technology. So some go as far back as bashing herbs with rocks to 'modern' to even a little bit of future tech in places.

As for growing back limbs... I think only Old bloods and Ancients should be able to do it naturally. The rest must seek medical attention. And probably different places have different methods. As for reattaching same thing. Unlike our limbs Meddians are like cockroaches. Where you cut of a body part and it lives for some time without the part. Same thing. So there is a larger window to allow reattachment then there is for humans... so this can mean even decapitation may not be fatal if medical assistance is reached in time. (Cockroaches live for 14 days after their heads been cut off. They only die cuz they starve)
Back to top Go down
https://meddus.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medical Technology and Diseases   Medical Technology and Diseases Empty

Back to top Go down

Medical Technology and Diseases
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Planet Meddus :: Listen through the door... :: World :: Discussion-
Jump to: