Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assignments for Pentra

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

Assignments for Pentra Empty
PostSubject: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:08 am

As in I'm just not going to bother trying to design this whole world alone anymore. XD I don't have the time.
So I am assigning some areas to be created by my Mods and Designers. I would like larger areas to be taken on by atleast two people.
But there will be solo assignments. Thats right. I am only going to give a general idea for the locations feel. The rest is up to the assigned person to then create the area.

Designing an area. This can either be drawn or written. Does not have to be both as if you cannot do one we can find someone to do the other.
Written: You design the culture, people, and feel of a place. This can then be translated by someone else into a drawn piece.
Drawn: You draw your thoughts of the area, buildings, people. This can then be used as a template for someone else create a written piece.

Pentra: Less humanoid qualities and more insect. Basically Most of Pentra should seem either wild or ancient. Other then that no real set theme. Since Hymns are the Dominate race here. Fliers (bees/wasps) and Ground (ants). Pillars are the next most common as the Mother Tree is on this continent. Then Locuns, Rhoparans, Pterygons, and Myrians.
This doesn't mean that other races don't show up. Just that these are the most common.

The Hook= Free range but must be very wild and Pygmy Arachins are the dominate race here. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Kurn Mountain= Free Range but should seem rather arid and is as tall as Mount Kilimanjaro. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these. Places in Kurn Mountain:

Burning Temple= Free range. (was thinking aztec mixed with greek but still free range)

Nun Falls= Free range

Kindom of Ent= I shall try to handle this area. But wouldn't mind some company on this project. Only Flier Hymns allowed in unless expressed permission from a king or queen.

Xune Bluffs= Free range Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Undertown= Free range. Opens in several places on the bluff's cliff faces. Leads to "Underworld" which is the underground map of tunnels and caves throughout all of Meddus.

Gulge Crater= Free range. Made by an asteroid and then inhabited by many tribes of Ground Hymns. (ants) Though most ground Hymns should seem Arabic/India styled. Mostly all Ants and other digger races in the town inside the crater and then there is another town around and above the crater.

Silfie= Free range Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Hoss Woods= Several villages in these woods. All are free range except one... that one is a special project I don't want to divulge to the masses just yet. X3 If you sign up for this area you will be included in the planning.

Kiribii= Large area sparsely populated. Free range Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Mother Tree= Would like to look like a giant Banyan tree.

Mothercity:

Under the Tree= free range. But would like the root to be heavily incorporated. Should have many openings to 'Underworld'.

Around the Tree= Regular free range style city. But closer to the root should have some ruins where the roots grew around/into/upturning the buildings.

On the Tree= (trunk) Free range

In the Tree= (trunk) Free range

On the Tree= (Branches) Free range

Hanging Cliff= Free range but would love to see Swallow or paper wasp style buildings.

Golden Valley= free range

Fern Grove= Free range

Joy Fields= Free range

Jumping Isle= Free range. But has Locun as the dominate race here. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Dark Wood= Will try to handle this area myself but would not mind company. Can have multiple villages and such. You can name these.

Suffrage= LARGE trade city with ports. So mixed style. Free range

Mindle= Gated community/vacation home/time share/hotel.... thingy themed place. XD Free range

Last edited by Peanutchan on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://meddus.rpg-board.net
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Assigned   Assignments for Pentra EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:09 am

Request assignment

The Hook= Kittariku, TaintedTamer (just going to auto you to here since you are already working on it. X3)

Kurn Mountain=

Burning Temple= Pandablubb

Nun Falls= Kittariku

Kindom of Ent= Peanutchan

Xune Bluffs=

Undertown=

Gulge Crater=

Silfie=

Hoss Woods= Peanutchan

Kiribii=

Mother Tree=

Mothercity:

Under the Tree=

Around the Tree=

On the Tree= (trunk)

In the Tree= (trunk)

On the Tree= (Branches)

Hanging Cliff=

Golden Valley=

Fern Grove=

Joy Fields=

Jumping Isle=

Dark Wood=

Suffrage=

Mindle=

Last edited by Peanutchan on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Considering I have already done a bit of The Hook through Roleplaying / information, I wouldn't mind taking this area up, as well. >xD

I'll try and do some sketches of key areas, if you want. (example: Tribe locations, the Golden caves, etc. )
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 pm

Thought you would. X3 And please do so if you like. :3
Back to top Go down
Pandablubb
Drone
Drone
Pandablubb

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:39 am

I'd like to try and take on Burning Temple
Back to top Go down
http://pandablubb.deviantart.com
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:48 am

Alrighty. :3
Back to top Go down
Morgue
Drone
Drone

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:56 am

I would love to have a go at Jumping Isles in my spair time. I've been a bit busy recently but since i can't roleplay at the moment i'd love to be helping some other way.

Edit Actually I'm gonna post in the other thread and have a go at Xanadu cos i totally love the celtic/pagan idea and it's something i understan di bit better.
Back to top Go down
http://morgue-macabre.deviantart.com/
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:16 am

I would totally love to take up the Golden Valley. Overrun by large snakes, though these are sparse due to their size....

My most recent character (in the works, as of now.) has one as a friend, since the snake is old, blind, and can't hunt by himself. Villages would crowd in the open areas; so they could see the beasts and hide before they came. <3

yay. may I? >x3
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 am

Er... How big of a snake are we talking my dear? Cuz uh... I may has to down size you on that one. That doesn't really match Pentra.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:41 pm

d'oh X.x didn't actually think of that bit...

The snakes would vary - but the one specifically that my character has is absolutely huge >.< but that could very well be because the snake is old as hell, lol....

Trying to think of a size comparison....Of my pictures on DA with Ilen and the Leech trying to eat him, the snakes would be about the same size. If that's not possible, then making them smaller would be okay. >xD

But if that's the case, My guy's snake is gonna have to get shrunk down a lot. >.> Good thing he's not set in stone.
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Have you seen the movie Anaconda? I will allow snakes up to that size as the average. Cuz the Leech drawings don't give an exact.
However the snake would have to be a constrictor and not a venomous one. You want venomous I'd say southern Fellgrad would match better.

And also you should go to The Darpan map on DA and Download to get a better quality picture to use for your town names picture. X3
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 pm

haha, I haven't seen it, but I've heard of it. And well, dangit. >xD That blows my plans away for Guera. I don't think think I could place them in Fellgrad - you haven't redesigned it yet and that makes me sketchy now on whoever I place there D:

And yeah.... I might do that in the future, but for now, it's a good enough picture. >xD You can see all five towns, I'm satisfied with it. *snickers*
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:08 am

The Anacondas in that movie can easily swallow a Meddian whole. Largest one in that movie could probably even kill a Scarabin as big as Grendal.
As for Fellgrad everything will be the same I am only changing the shape. Since that was the first continent it is no longer of the same quality as the rest of the continents. So it will be the same... it just won't look like a horned whale as much. XD And since Fellgrad is the largest continent I will allow bigger snakes then on Pentra.
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:02 am

All right, I'll hunt around Fellgrad for a spot to land my guys at. Smile sorry for the bother! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignments for Pentra   Assignments for Pentra Empty

Back to top Go down

Assignments for Pentra
Page 1 of 1