Planet Meddus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planet Meddus

Meddus. The creation of the Mother herself. Welcome to our world.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meddus Orphanage

Go down 
+3
Maran
Kittariku
Peanutchan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:37 am

What I mean by your application not 'sticking out' is that it is average sounding, and doesn't seem to, quite literally, stick out from the crowd. Your idea for #3 just seems plain, normal, and not thought about very much. For instance, if you'll look back to some of my adoption applications, for one the length is longer per area and more specified, and two the information is more detail oriented rather than basic information. The characters have a well-thought-out place in the world that won't be changing anytime soon, and it gives others a place to work from when they think about the character. As an example, when I tried and received Snowball the mite, I gave her unique quirks and habits that make her different than any other person, while still keeping her a believable being. For Cialdi Hurzte I made him a lumber mill assistant and a carver, but he can't stand to sell any of his personal work because he's a hoarder. This makes him a believable, but unique person amongst his kind, and at the moment, amongst Meddus itself.

Don't worry too much about it...It takes time to learn about what makes a person the way they are; and I am still learning as well. I've been RP'ing on Meddus for about a year and a half, and look how much a difference has changed between my first and newest characters. I'm in the process of updating them because I don't like their old profiles. It just takes practice, research, and experience to figure out how to change your character in subtle ways that make a huge difference in the way they would react, be drawn, or be written...
Back to top Go down
LilMeddianGurl
Maggot
Maggot
LilMeddianGurl

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:51 am

Now I get it. I looked at your adoption application for Snowball, and I must say, you're talented. I'll try to make a better bio:

Universe: Dust

Name: Mresandi (nicknames: Mre, Di, Mres, M, Rhyme-Boy)

Sex: Male

Height: 4,3 ft.

Weight: 68 lbs.

Race: Pygmy Dromos

Home: Desert of Chasms, Fellgrad.

Occupation: None, but has a hobby of composing songs and creating poems.

Appearance: Kitta's adoptable pic, the bottom Pygmy.

Personality: Is rather impatient, but if he has set something as his prime mission, he'll finish it, no matter how long it will take. Mre feels comfortable only around his slaves or his very few friends, he simply doesn't trust other people until they prove they're trustworthy. Mre's not talkative, and speaks only when spoken to. He doesn't like being in a crowded area, courtesy of a very unpleasant childhood incident. When Mre was 5 years old, he got separated from his parents, in a crowd, and was nearly killed there. When his parents found him, he was scared to death, and had lots of bruises and bleeding cuts. They hurt much, but weren't life threatening. He was healed pretty quickly, but since then, he got this strong dislike against crowded places. So, whenever it gets too cramped in one place, he simply leaves and looks for a relatively non-crowded place. But, despite his seemingly cold demeanor, Mre's very friendly and bright on the inside. The only people who knows that are the only ones he trusts. Mre has a soft heart, and he despises the thought of harming or mistreating his slaves. Sometimes, Mre likes to go to a well-hidden oasis, not too far from his home. When he goes there, he always brings one of his slaves with him, for protection, despite the fact that he's a pretty good fighter. All in all, Mre's personality is very interesting. His friends think that he's a bit bipolar. In a good way.

Likes: Mre is not very sociable, so he likes being alone, with the exception of his slaves presence. He likes to play his flute and mandolin, especially when he feels sad. But in those rare times when music cannot help, he climbs on the roof of his house and just gazes at the skies, pondering the reasons of his sadness. Mre also likes swimming, and every time he's at the oasis, he uses his chance and goes for a swim. Mre has taken a liking in singing, for he never really liked to sing before, he just composed and played his music. There are very few times when Mre feels truly, absolutely, purely happy: when it rains. Due to him living particularly in the very center of the Desert, rain is a rare thing in his home, but every time it rains, Mre just runs outside and literally plays in it, running all around his yard and spinning. In times like these, he forgets about every care in the world, forgets about nearly everything, except himself and the rain.

Dislikes: Mre has a strong dislike against crowded places, and whenever he feels that it's getting too crowded, he leaves. Mre hates when he's at the center of others attention, for he is pretty shy. Despite him being a good fighter, Mre loathes fighting, and always tries to solve his problems rationally. The only times he fights, is when his, his slaves or his friends lives are in danger. Mre is afraid of very few things, but he has a strong phobia against sandstorms, due to a very bad childhood incident: he lost his mother in a sandstorm. For a very long time, he was afraid of sand whatsoever, but this fear gradually changed into a phobia against sandstorms.

So there, I hope this is more suitable for him. Is it?

Last edited by LilMeddianGurl on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://navitransformerfan.deviantart.com/
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 am

Yes, that is a better profile for him, ill agree. However I would like you to keep in mind that pygmy dromos live together so they as a species tend to live in groups and not alone. You may have him, but try to gather a reason for why he is afraid of crowds. If you could also try and use him, I would appreciate that....I haven't seen you RP at all since you joined, and I prefer to know that he isn't sitting collecting pixel dust. :/ just a peeve of mine.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Royal Consort
Royal Consort
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 am

Universe: Dust

Name: Ibis ( like the bird)

Sex: Male

Age: 18 but he will act much younger is he feels like it will benifit him in some way

Height: small, and he likes it that way

Weight: he will not tell you so don't ask

Race: Pygmy Dromos

Home: Desert of Chasms, Fellgrad.

Occupation: Nothing other then laying about playing his flute ( which is one of the only things he takes great pride in aside from Fatal) reading a good book and eating fruit

Appearance: (( Kittas' number one image))

Personality: Ibis is a nice young dromos, particularly around his slaves, but as the only surviving son of a high ranking noble family he has a rather off view of right and wrong. He can be cold and cunning, boardering on crule at times. As his father's only heir he takes his role as the new noble of his family very serious and becomes icey and dark when treated as nothing important.

Likes: Aside from his flute and learning every song he can get his hands on, Ibis likes one thing only, and that is his main slave FATAL ( so named by Ibis because he has seen the beast devour someone at his father's feet) The two are never apart, and it really does come across like Ibis takes joy in little else aside from grooming his 'pet' and spending time laying about on the massive scrarabin.

Dislikes: Ibis despises anyone who treats him with disrespect, so much so that he has had Fatal attack on comand should someone displeas him. Having never before been told what to and not to do, he hates being told anything of the sort. Loud noises upset him, the louder, the more frightend he becomes, taking to hiding under Fatal's much larger body. He dislikes plums and vegitables of any sort, and will hide them in things if served them.

He has a limp in his right leg from a child hood injury and there for walks a little off, which is something her is very sensitive about.

this seemed a lot longer in wordpad.

Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 Pygmydromoscopy

Last edited by Mouse on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:26 am

YOURS, MOUSE!!! <3<3<3

*swoons*
Back to top Go down
Peanutchan
Queen
Queen
Peanutchan

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:03 pm

And Pygmy Dromos live in the DUST Timeline. I have not set up ASH far enough yer but their population declined drastically to almost nothing by then.

Last edited by Peanutchan on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://meddus.rpg-board.net
Kittariku
Queen
Queen
Kittariku

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Yep. I talked to mouse on iscribble - he's in dust now, not current meddus or ash Smile

Ash ones would likely be nomads or lone farmers of a sort; current day meddus are nonexistent or underground hissing at folk like Gollum >xD
Back to top Go down
LilMeddianGurl
Maggot
Maggot
LilMeddianGurl

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Kittariku wrote:
Yes, that is a better profile for him, ill agree. However I would like you to keep in mind that pygmy dromos live together so they as a species tend to live in groups and not alone. You may have him, but try to gather a reason for why he is afraid of crowds. If you could also try and use him, I would appreciate that....I haven't seen you RP at all since you joined, and I prefer to know that he isn't sitting collecting pixel dust. :/ just a peeve of mine.

Yay! Mre's mine! Don't worry, I'll add the reason of his dislike against crowds, and I'll use him. He won't be forgotten. In fact, I'll try to begin an RP today. I just don't know if that will be a Meddus RP or another one. By the way, Mre's in Dust era now, not in Ash era.
Back to top Go down
http://navitransformerfan.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meddus Orphanage   Meddus Orphanage - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meddus Orphanage
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2